Saint Remy Rural Cemetery Association
Rules and Regulations
The original By-Laws and Rules of 1892
Current rules of the Cemetery
Note: This is list is for reference only and is not intended to be all
inclusive. The original rules also apply unless superceded by current rules.
Endnote 1: As specified by the Town of Esopus Building Department.
(This is currently 42")
- The Cemetery is open to visitors from dawn until dusk.
- Visitors should keep their vehicles on the roads and should not
bring vehicles into the cemetery when the ground is wet or snow covered.
- The Cemetery is open for burials from April 15th until November
30th - as weather permits.
- Plots and lots are available for sale in the new (north) section.
- Standard plot size in the new section is 10' by 3' 6" inches.
- Standard plot size in the old section is 8' by 3' 4".
- Vaults are required in the new section.
- Vaults are suggested in the old section - space permitting.
- All graves except for cremation remains only are to be at least
six feet (72") in depth.
- Graves for cremation remains must extend below the frost line1.
- All grave openings must be arranged through the Cemetery Association.
- Well cared for live flowers are encouraged. (You may need to bring
your own water.)
- Artificial flowers are prohibited.
- All markers require proper foundations of concrete or stone.
- Foundations are required to extend below the frost line1
and be approved by the Association.
- All plots or groups of plots must have permanent corner markers.
These Pages Copyright ©2002 Karl R. Wick. All Rights Reserved